reading reponse to Written in the Stars

      Written in the Stars is written by Aisha Saeed. It is a book I just finished reading, so the information is still fresh in my memory. It is really about how the main character Naila goes with her family to her family's home country, Pakistani. After of being there for a while, she is pushed and drugged into marriage to someone she did not know. This book is disturbing to me because she is only 17 years old and in, Pakistani this is a regularly recurring thing. She has a younger brother named Irman, and she calls her parents Abi and Abu(that means mother and father).  
     One thing that surprised me while reading this was that her parents were going to wait until the day of the wedding to tell her they were making her get married and to stay in Pakistani her whole life. It's kind of like they sold her to another family and then they went back to America. As I was reading, I realized that this probably goes on all over the world unnoticed. I wonder why they think this is okay to do their daughters and sons. I liked the cover of this book because it looks like Naila is looking up at the stars and that relates to the title of the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

free post

research post q3 w3

United by Naomi Shihab Nye week 5